Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Just Got Scalped

I'm going outside of Rio for the first time this weekend with a friend from church. His roommate who is a friend of mine as well is having an engagement party in another state so we're taking a road trip. I'm looking forward to it. I've heard the people in Minas Gerais are very friendly and there's a church in Belo Horizonte we're going to visit that has around 40,000 people.

My hair was getting a little shaggy so I wanted to look decent to meet a lot of new people this weekend. I went to the place I normally go for a haircut and they were booked but I wanted to go ahead and get it cut now because I had a cancellation this morning and was the best time for me.

So I go down the street a couple of blocks to another place because there are salons on every other corner. I haven't had a bad haircut since I've been here so I figured why not. Either I didn't communicate my idea very well or he's part Indian and needed to fill his quota for a scalping.

I felt like I was in 3rd grade when my Dad did the same thing and cut every portion of bangs off me in perfect timing for picture day. I tried to tell him I only wanted a little bit cut off. I think he interpreted it as I only wanted a little hair left when he got done. He wanted to shake my hand after he was done. Why would I want to shake your hand after that? Then I have to pay for it. Come on man!

I keep going back to the mirror and hoping that I'll think "Oh, it's not that bad" but it hasn't happened yet. The word that comes to my mind every time is "Dang!". Good news is I won't need a haircut for about 6 months. By the time I come home I'll still be riding the effects of this haircut probably.

Just had to share.

1 comment:

  1. bahahahah Thanks for making me smile!!! When do you come home??

    ReplyDelete