Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sleeping in the Bus Terminal

I`m sitting in a bus terminal as I write this. I bought a ticket to move to Belo Horizonte this past week and told the guy I wanted to leave 12:30 am Nov. 5 because I wanted to get there in the morning and have all day to get adjusted to my new surroundings and go to the English service tonight at the church I am interested in.

A friend of mine came with me to the terminal and I go through the gates early and the bus that is in the slot that mine is supposed to be in just left. I showed a guy by the buses my ticket and he said, your ticket is for 12:30 pm instead of 12:30 am. I was pretty ticked because I thought I confirmed with the guy at the ticket office.

My option is to either go back home at 1 am and pay $R60 round trip for a cab ride home and back on Saturday or sleep in the terminal. Lately I`ve been looking for new adventure so I opted for sleeping in the bus terminal. Not sure if it was the wise decision.

The chairs are a slab of metal with legs and a bar in between each seat so you can`t spread out. I laid down on the cold concrete floor and this birdhead security guard hits my leg and tells me go get up. I didn`t know lying on the floor was a security issue.

I maybe slept two hours on and off throughout the night. I found a bench in another part of the terminal that was made of wood, a little more comfortable than cold steel and it didn`t have a divider so I could stretch out. Wouldn`t you know it that birdhead security guard comes over again and bumps me and tells me to get up. It`s a good thing he couldn`t understand what I said. I`m like, come on dude. There is hardly anyone here and no one is exactly fighting for a place on the bench. Oh well, here`s to my option for a new adventure.

It`s at least close to time to leave now. It feels like I`ve been here since April. On to my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment