Tuesday, March 15, 2011

1st Day of Teaching

I did my first of 6 teaching sessions today. I was a little nervous beforehand but not too bad. One of the instructors let me and other student go over our lesson plans yesterday and get feedback from him. For some reason I was so nervous and talking really fast like some kind of jittery squirrel. The other student that heard me yesterday said it was painful to watch. Not what I wanted to hear.

I just really focused in on some scriptures on God's peace and that He'll never leave me nor forsake me. I kept speaking those to myself today and it went well. I was a little nervous before the lesson but it went good. God is good!

After you teach, you have to critique yourself and then the other students critique you and then the teacher critiques. I was ready to be blasted but the comments weren't bad. I'll get better with practice. One guy said he counted "ya'll" 6 times. I guess I should teach them "fixin' to" next.

The students were really nice and friendly and told me I did a good job. I teach again on Thursday. I couldn't work on my lesson plan tonight because I had a lot of homework to do. It won't take long to do the lesson plan tomorrow. All is good as an english teacher in Rio so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment