Friday, April 8, 2011

Getting Jobs Lined Up

My schedule is starting to shape up now. I'm currently working with 3 different schools and I'm meeting with another one Tuesday. The headquarters of this new one is about an hour or more away by bus but the students are downtown close to me. The lady sent me directions in Portuguese. I don't like dealing with directions in English, much less in another language. I'm praying for God to help me find it.

The schedule is a little different because its not like I have students for 3 or 4 straight hours. Its usually an hour or hour and a half in the morning, lunch, possibly afternoon (but not very many of those types of classes) and in the evening. It kind of stretches your day and a lot of time between classes. I only need a few more students and I'll have a full schedule.

I did two practice teaching sessions today for interviewers today. I realize what a long way I have to go. It takes some preparation to be ready for class. I haven't reached my comfort level yet but it won't take long. I just need to get in a rhythm. It just takes practice like any new thing.

Before I teach a class I feel like I do when I played football. The best cure for being nervous in football was to hit somebody. Once I did that I calmed down. I don't think that will work with teaching. I did discover that one arm sweats more than the other. Weird! Not that you wanted to know or anything, just felt like I needed to tell someone.

I'm going to check out the Wal Mart tomorrow and check out Barra da Tijuca. It looks like a cool place. I've decided that I'm going to a new place every weekend and do something different. I've been so focused on school that I haven't done much.

No comments:

Post a Comment