Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cell Phones & Sandwiches Cost What?

You won't believe how expensive cell phones are down here. A cheap pay-as-you go cell phone was about $75 and it costs $1 per minute. Crazy! I'll try to do more texting which is only about .15 per text.

I ate lunch at some burger place with a guy from class and only got a caesar salad and water for about $4.30. The guy from class got a chicken sandwich, fries and drink for about $12.30. Tomorrow we'll eat a place where they weigh the food you buy and you only pay for that. It's kind of like Yogurt Mtn for regular food. I ate a decent meal yesterday for about $6.50 but I couldn't find it again today.

The teachers said this was the best time to get a job after Carnaval as well as find an apartment. It seems like Carnaval is like a New Year. After it everyone is ready to get back into a routine. It seems like I am here at the right time. God has ordered my steps.

I video chatted with two of my brothers tonight. Well, I messed something up with John and he could see me but I couldn't see him. I clicked the right button with Paul and played peek-a-boo with my 4 yr old nephew all the way from Rio. Skype is one of the greatest inventions. It lessens the sting of missing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment