Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curitiba










I had heard that Curitiba is one of the most developed cities in Brazil. The cities in the south have more of a European feel to them. A lot of people from Europe migrated to the south of Brazil and you can tell by the way they look. I thought the people from Curitiba almost had a middle eastern look to them for than a typical European look. Some still speak Italian and German I am told. The bus ride from Porto Alegre to Curitiba was about 10 or 11 hours, I don~t remember now.

Curitiba didn~t even seem like a city in South America. It looked very European, clean and organized. I was also told the people were more closed and not as easy to make friends. The weather was colder there than Porto Alegre and I liked it.

I met some nice guys in my room at the hostel and they invited me to do some stuff with them. I basically had one full day to do everything in Curitiba. I went to a Botanical garden, went into a tower with a panoramic view of the city, went to a park, went to a closed architecture museum and got lost a lot. I was tired but it was a good time. They had a train ride that I would have liked to have taken but I didn~t have time for it.

Overall it was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment